Thursday, March 07, 2013

A quick cute mend


Here is a simple and cute mend for a hole in the knee. This happens often to my daughter's pants. I used double fuse  squares and ironed on some scrap fabric to the inside of the pants. I then used a needle point circle (there is probably a more accurate name for that but I don't know it :) )
I took some embroidery thread and stitched a simple pattern around it. I just used both small and large "X". Just make sure you go all around the hole. There you have it a quick cute mending project. 


For other projects please visit my website.
Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

IWOM said...

I love quick fixes that work for all ages.

I'd do this on my recently ripped jeans and I'm (mumble mumble)!

IWOM: EOD

Theresa in Mèrida said...

It's called an embroidery hoop, which doesn't sound so different from needlepoint circle when you think about it.

When my son was little I would do iron on patches before he needed them. I do one inside on his jeans. It really helped because he spent a lot of time on his knees doing stuff.

regards,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Thanks Theresa. For the life of me I was having a brain fart at the time I was typing this. Nice to know I wasn't too far off :)