Saturday, March 16, 2013

Zebra Crossing

Hi all! I have been very slack - I can't believe it's been a month since my last post! Well, I haven't really been  slack, but I've been doing other projects than refashions - trying to de-stash some of my fabric Hoard, for starters!
But I recently came across these adorable brushed-cotton PJ pants at the op shop.


Note the cute zebra charms on the waist tie.


These were a large size, so I had plenty to work with. I cut away the inner leg seams and the curve of the crotch seam, shortened the elastic in the waist, cut away the excess and stitched them up into this fun skirt.


Of course, that was last weekend, when Melbourne was enjoying a plus-30-degree heatwave. Someone flipped the winter switch on us this week tho! But I think this will also look cute with tights and boots :-)
Now I'm off to finish the hem on a (hopefully) more impressive refashion. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I love the zebra print! :)

Refashion said...

Love the print and the transformation! I would love to wear something like that with tights and boots. :) -Seeks, EOD