Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No Sew Legging Refashion

This is a quick and weird refashion that requires no sewing.  

I learned this trick from one of my daughters dance teachers.  They wanted them to wear fish net stockings under their shirts for part of their costume for the recital.  She had us cut out the crotch and cut off the toes and slip the stockings on over their heads and under their shirt for a funky-fresh, hip-hop look.



I had these cool pair of tie dye leggings.  I love them, but I can't find anywhere in my wardrobe where they work and believe me, I have tried.  


I finally said screw it!  I'm cutting into them!
I cut out the crotch.  These were leggings, so I didn't even need to cut out the feet.



I thought it might be cute under a tank top.  It's been so cold here lately, but I really want to wear my tanks.  I slipped it on under a couple shirts ....




... What do you think???

Is it too funky and far out??

Or just funky and far out enough to work?

Erinn ~ Sticky Genius



6 comments:

daisymarmalade said...

It looks fab! How do the leggings feel to wear across your shoulders? :)

Sandy said...

looks really good on you. My friend's daughter does dance and they had to do something similar.
Sandy in the UK

Cucicucicoo said...

wow, i never would've thought of that! it looks really cool and i don't blame you for wanting to use such fab leggings! :) lisa

Unknown said...

I think it's funky and just right.

Eddie EOD


Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation.

BubblesRides said...

Thanks ladies! I guess I finally found a place for them in my wardrobe! Daisy- They feel fine. Much better than they did on my legs. I roll the elastic waist band up so it is just under my bust.

Chiara said...

Claudia made it in his tutorials, look...
http://www.lacasanellaprateria.com/2013/01/maglioncino-tre-pezzi-un-trucco-anti-freddo/