Wednesday, May 01, 2013

There is Never a Wrong Time For a Polka Dot!


Really, Marc Jacobs said it best, there is NEVER a wrong time for a polka dot! Take this big thrift store skirt. I was attracted to the brown and ivory polka dots, but even better that they slowly get bigger towards the bottom. So interesting.

I originally thought I would just alter this to fit me, but......


when I unpicked the waistband seam and laid it out on the floor to take a photograph, it just looked like a shirt to me. That's when I decided to make a shirt instead of a skirt.


With a few snips and a few new seams the skirt had changed to this fun off the shoulder shirt.


You can see the entire tutorial here at The Renegade Seamstress.

Happy sewing!

Beth


6 comments:

SewingScientist said...

This is great! I wish I had the skill to envision and carry that out.

Cassandra Louise said...

That is so clever! I love it. Polka dots are my favourite pattern. :-) x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Polka dot top. Very clever of you. Can't quite figure out how it works through.

Eddie EOD


Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation.

Sandy said...

wow, very clever! Love it!
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Much better as a top!

Cucicucicoo said...

very cute! good thinking! :) lisa