Monday, April 29, 2013

Princess from old sheets

This outfit is one of my latest creations, entirely made spending 0,75 Euro for the zipper!
I used old sheets and a scrap of yellow rib knit that my mother gave me: we've had it from a long time (at least 30 years!) and I've decided to use it for entering my very first Pattern Review contest:
The 2013 Spring Pantone Contest, where you have to create a two-pieces outfit using fabrics where the 2013 Spring Pantone colours must be the prominent.
I've decided to sew a princess seam, with rib knit cuffs and a self drafted asymmetrical cardi, edged with reverse facing.
This is my Before:
mammanene - sergerpepper
And here's the After:


mammanene - sergerpepper
I hope you like it and, if you are on PatternReview too, please come to vote me (May, 2nd - 8th)
If you want to read more and see some detailed pic, please come to visit me on SergerPepper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the feminine floral print! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen! I normally don't wear flowers, but I think the bright yellow helps to make me like them!
MammaNene

SergerPepper.blogspot.it

Huli said...

cute!

Cucicucicoo said...

i just LOVE the cardi you made! i also like how the yellow breaks up the flowers and makes it less girly-flowery-frumpy. great job! :) lisa

Unknown said...

Love the sheets print. Old sheets can have such fantastic prints. It looks great with the yellow too.
Good luck with the contest.

Eddie EOD


Eddie's Room on Facebook come over for some crafty ideas and conversation.