Monday, April 29, 2013

Short Top, or Dress? You Decide!

This was my very first refashion.  I certainly selected a material that wasn't easy to work with, so this was a lengthy project for me.  I'm happy with how it looks in the pictures, but up close it has quite a few flaws and rough edges.  To keep it from falling off my shoulders, I had to insert a piece across the top of my shoulder blades, which I conveniently hid with my hair in these pictures.

Hope everyone is having a great day!



http://www.patchworkpastries.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your first refashion? Wow, you did a great job! It looks so feminine and pretty. Thanks for sharing

Erica, Editor on Duty

Anonymous said...

Very cute! What a drastic difference! :) Love it! Your very first refashion turned out much better than my very first, that's for sure! ;)
~Jen

Andrea said...

so cute! i want one :)

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very soft and feminine. Great transformation of a frumpy dress into something ethereal and timeless.

Unknown said...

I am in love with this! Great job!

Huli said...

nice job..the new top looks great on you x

Cucicucicoo said...

wow, nice work, especially for a first refashion! what was a pretty frumpy dress looks so much cooler as a top! :) lisa