Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tablecloth Couture

Continuing with my linens and things theme, I've made a kimono from an Asian tablecloth a friend gave me.



Kimono made from satin-y embroidered tablecloth

using both the right and 'wrong' side of fabric cuz it was so cool

made-from-scratch piping joining the 2 back pieces

one sleeve uses the right side and other sleeve uses the 'wrong' side

plus a cat pin I made from found fabric, stuffed it and added a pin

Harem cargo pants made from orangey peach silk-like boudoir curtains complete the ensemble.  Find out more details and see me wearing it all at Project Minima, here.  And thanks for looking.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I adore kimonos, and this one is so cute. Great job!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Refashion said...

This is WONDERFUL! And I love the cat pin too! Thanks for a great share!-Seeks, EOD

Cupcake Couture said...

Cute blog!


When you get a chance, stop over my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
Naked 2 Palette Giveaway!

Huli said...

very cool refashion :)