Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Simplified Button-Up Skirt

In on of my posts last month on Refashion Co-op (found here), I refashioned one of my husband's old button-up dress shirts into a skirt. However, after a few attempts to wear it I realized it just wasn't going to work out seeing that one of the buttons could easily come open and reveal what shouldn't be revealed to the general public. (You know, there are laws against that and all...)

So I decided to refashion my refashioned skirt and found this process much, much simpler with much, MUCH better coverage in the instance a button wants to come unbuttoned. And it literally took no longer than 10-15 minutes once I ripped out the original seams (other than the side seams) and started over.



You can see the full "transformation" post on my blog, All Glorious. Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!

3 comments:

DressUpNotDown said...

I just sew along the buttons right over those existing stitches so that they don't actually function from a certain point so high and so low. It's not obvious that it's stitched down, and it also eliminates any gaping that can occur with a fitted button up skirt.

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Adele said...

Very nice refashion of a refashion :)

Adele - EOD

Sandy said...

Sometimes you like something and it is worth going back and making it even better.
Sandy in the UK