Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring t-shirt refashion #2 - bows

Here is my second t-shirt refashion. I recently did this nautical top in preparation for warmer weather.


For my current project, I wanted to recreate this cute top with bows along the back.

I started with a white t-shirt that was a bit too big. I slit it up the back, folded under a bit on each side, and stitched it down. 



I made 5 bows out of fabric left over from a pants-to-shorts refashion.



I spaced the bows out along the shirt back so that there were even and one fell at my bra-strap line. The original shirt had some sort of panel inside the lower back, but I wanted to skip that part. Therefore, bra coverage was a must. I hand-stitched the bows in place from the inside, pinching together the white t-shirt fabric as I did.

Here is the finished t-shirt. I love that it looks like a boring t-shirt from the front but is so cool in the back. Hope you like it!



Thanks for reading! -Amy



4 comments:

Refashion said...

really cute! I love the bows!

Lauren
EOD

Sandy said...

that is such a cute idea! are the bows too much trouble when you lean back sitting down?
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Lovely idea!

Lovenicky said...

So cute and so simple. Great job!