Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Tube Top

I'm a big fan of reusing as much as possible of a refashion "before" garment, though most of the time, the scraps languish in my fabric stash for quiet a while before I get back to them. But not this time! Last time, I showed you how I converted this sack of a dress to a flowy kimono-esque top with no sewing whatsoever.

No-Sew Kimono Before & After

Now you get to see what I did with the skirt portion, though this one does involve some sewing.

No-Sew Kimono - in Progress

I flipped the skirt upside-down and used the bottom hem as a pocket for a new elastic band. I also took in the sides a bit for a more defined shape, and my tube top is complete!

Tube Top Refashion - After

As always, more details and photos can be found at CarissaKnits.

3 comments:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very cute as a top.

Unknown said...

I love how you are getting the most out of the item. Also a very pretty tank top :-)

Eddie EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

excellent use of all of the fabric. they both look great on you! :) lisa