Thursday, May 02, 2013

Military to Mundane -Shirt Refashion

I'm currently working in an information services/shop/admin job which requires me to wear smartish officey type clothing.

Of course, I have nothing really suitable, I've been getting by by alternating two dresses and a skirt and top with various cardigans. Lucky for me people know I'm a charity case and donate their clothes to me. In such a windfall I was given two shirts with some pretty dubious mid 00's styling.




























Check out those epaulets - because every woman wants to look like they have big broad shoulders!


Apart from the epaulets, and some weird sleeve rolling up securing strip things the shirt was fine, well apart from the gaping at the bust and the extremely low neckline (for a work garment), apart from these things it was fine, and it was in new condition, still with the tags on.

Unpicked epaulets, sleeve straps

sew up holes, sew up the side of the button band (yay for stretch fabric), sew another button further up the button band.


Now wearable, if a little dull!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

perfectly good for work.

IWOM said...

Let's call it 'serviceable' shall we?

Refashioning has many aspects, one of which is making what you got into something you want/need to wear. If it saves you money/saves the planet/fulfils any other reason for you, then it is a good refashion!

IWOM: EOD

Sandy said...

IWOM is right. It is not all about making party frocks!
It fills a need. well done!
Sandy in the UK