Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Size Small to size 12

Well just last year I fit in it and this year… And the Animal print well kinda looked like an old ladies moo-moo dress. So I cut the printer one up the sides. I used the back because it was two panels and draped better.  You know the neck was a scoop neck so I Pleated from about mid-way up to the top and brought it together. Then across the top I did a baste stitch across from shoulder to shoulder and gathered it together to fit into the center cut I was going to make in the brown dress. So far so good… pinned right sides together a seamed both sides, then took the gathered part and sewed it to the notch in the top and the twist. I took the from that was left over made a hair tie out of the sleeves and a scarf out of the front panel. TADA!!!093
This was the beginning.
095
I really  like this twist and it will be handy to hide the bunched up fabric.
New Creation
Not bad if I do say.

Come check out my Blog Uggysburtnest

God took me the same way. kinda small not important and kinda ugly but He makes all things new and beautiful. I pray God’s grace, peace, light, and love to you always Doreen

6 comments:

SewingScientist said...

This looks great!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love this idea.

Unknown said...

Excellent refashion.

DressUpNotDown said...

Oh that looks so pretty Doreen!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Lina said...

Very good!

wenchwoman said...

How did you make the top part fit? It doesn't say anything about expanding the top area which I assume needed to be bigger too!