Friday, June 28, 2013

Girl's Summer Dress

I hate to waste any part of the shirt when I am repurposing. So I made this little girls dress from just the sleeves of a men's shirt.

This dress can  be worn by a size 2 and all the way up to a 4 with coordinating shorts, tights or pants.
To attach the front to the back I used a coordinating t-shirt that also creates the arm holes.


I attached the black lace detail just to indicate which side was the front.

For the shoulder straps I used the curved shoulder piece cut off of the sleeve and created a slot for elastic.

I hope this gives you an idea on how to use the left over sleeves from your own men's shirt refashions.

Have fun!

You can also follow me on Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram

1 comment:

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Thanks for sharing. Great idea.