Sunday, June 09, 2013

"Lessons With Lenka" Infinity Scarf.

Sometimes someone comes into your life that makes a huge difference. Lenka is one of those amazing people. Lenka came into my life when I was at the end of my tether with a health issue. Not only did Lenka help reverse and improve my condition, she also taught me many life lessons. Our sessions were not only about the treatments, they were also discussions on humanity and life. Lenka told me a few weeks ago that she was leaving and heading off to Alaska, so I decided that I wanted to give her a special gift to say goodbye. Lenka lives an uncluttered life but it is full of many intangible riches. Lenka has compassion and kindness in abundance, so how do I recognize that and celebrate it?

Hmmm.....I would make her two infinity scarves. One she could keep and one she would need to pay it forward to someone who showed her a kindness. Well.....the idea is that the infinity scarf would travel around the world for infinity, for simple acts of kindness. Goodbye Lenka and the two infinity scarves.....enjoy your adventures in Alaska.

So I started with this brown tee.
Added these lush fabrics.
Ended up with number 1 infinity scarf
And a second tee with ruffles became the number two scarf.

For the full story about this "Pay it Forward" story please pop by  to my blog



2 comments:

Sandy said...

what a very special idea.
Sandy in the UK

Refashion said...

I love this idea of the pay it forward gift. Thanks for the share, and thanks to Lenka for helping you! -Seeks, EOD