Saturday, June 08, 2013

T-Shirt to Cardigan

It's been a while since I posted. I have been making clothes from scratch...also this is my busy making time for my textile art.

It is starting to get warmer - wonderful. Sometimes though it is still chilly around my house. I had this green long sleeve t-shirt (oh dumb. Just remembered I didn't take a before photo.) you can imagine it! Anyway, Green isn't the best colour for me unless it is broken up a bit by other colours.

So I thought it would make a good spring like cardy. So I cut up the centre front.
I added a flowery trim on both edges and then on the sleeve hems to pull it all together.

I didn't realise til I put it on that it works with this blouse!

2 comments:

Refashion said...

I always love these simple transformations. Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

Anonymous said...

I like your cardy, Sandy, great job!