Friday, June 28, 2013

Tie-Dye 4th of July Dress

I made myself a nice 4th of July outfit, but I wasn't feeling it too much, so when I saw two plain white t-shirts at the Goodwill the other day, I came up with an inspiration. That would make a great tie-dye dress.  The store was having a sale that day, so I snagged both of them for $1.50.


After some great dyeing in red & blue, I combined both of the t-shirts to make one dress.  This is what I came up with:


The back is a little different than the front, which is the nature of tie-dying.


Here is a closeup of the hem, along with my fabulous, vintage seed-bead flag purse.


If you would like to see a tutorial as I walk you through an in-depth tutorial on how I refashioned these two t-shirts, please come visit my blog, UpcycledFashionista.com.

XOXO,

Maureen

2 comments:

Huli said...

cute dress!

Refashion said...

What a sweet dress and great job on the tie dye

Debbie EOD