Monday, July 22, 2013

Ann Taylor bathing suit top


I got this bathing suit top at a thrift shop and was double excited when I discovered it was Ann Taylor design. (I love Ann Taylor clothing!) Anyhow, I wore this on vacation last year and there was just too much fabric at the straps.



So, for vacation this year,  I cut and hand stitched the straps to make them smaller. But, when I tried it on there was NO support. I was about to give up.  


I had an old black bra that I seldom wore and hand stitched it to the inside of the suit , leaving a bit of the decorative tulle showing. I held my breath as I tried it on. Lo and behold it worked! I love when a refashion just comes together : )
I looks a little wonky on my body double as she is a bit uneven, but it does fit pretty well on my real body.





2 comments:

Refashion said...

That is a clever idea to re-use on old bra!

Debbie
EOD

Amy Jo said...

wow. I love this idea, and may do something similar for added support to my suits!