Monday, July 22, 2013

A few quick refashions

Just a few pics of some thrifted finds that needed minor alterations or changes to make them work for me!



 This dress I'd found was maybe 4 sizes too big...I started by separating the skirt from the top and adding 2 inch white elastic to finish it off. The top I had to take in about 4 inches, which I did straight up the back. I finished off the rough edges of the excess I'd cut off and then finished off the bottom edge with a zigzag stitch. Now I can wear the top as a bustier style top and the skirt, well, as a skirt! Here, I paired the pieces with thrifted belts, midi skirt, white top and a super clearance chambray shirt.



 This thrifted olive dress has been sitting in my stash for almost a year and I've been playing with ideas on how to make the neckline permanently higher...I prefer to not have to wear something under a dress like this if I don't have to. These next pics are where I harvested this black pleated fabric from...it was used to create the puff in the sleeves of this dress.



Well, I just pinned them on the inside of the neckline how I wanted them to be and sewed them in place. Love the little detail they add and that I ended up using such a random piece of leftovers :) Perfect little dress to wear with boots in the fall!


This last one fit just fine, only had to shorten the straps by about 2 inches each...and a comfy cotton thrifted dress is the result!

Hope you gather some inspiration from even some of the easier/simpler changes...I have about 10 other pieces of clothing that I did minor changes to which I'll be sharing on my facebook page later.

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

1 comment:

Refashion said...

What a great round up of your projects...loving the use of the black to create a new neckline.

Debbie
EOD