Sunday, July 07, 2013

80's Prom Dress Refashion


I actually found and refashioned this dress I found at a community yard sale a few months before the competition started. The bows and puffy sleeves have clearly gone out of style but I saw a lot of potential in this one. The color was beautiful and the lace was beautiful and for only $2 I couldn’t pass it up!
I definitely learned a lot refashioning this. In the past I’ve always shortened dresses from the bottom, but as I looked at the dress, I really liked the fact that it flared out at the end so I actually took some length out of the middle and added an invisible zipper to the skirt! 
For more pictures and information on what I did, check out my blog at ButtonsAndBirdcages.com

6 comments:

cfort82 said...

Nicely Done!

Miche said...

Thank you!

SewingScientist said...

Very cute and up to date!

Refashion said...

I can only say, WOW! That is a wonderful save! Thanks! -Seeks, EOD

Unknown said...

Great job, the after looks chic and modern

Saga said...

What an impressively hideous before-dress and a very beautiful after-dress