Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Woman's pants to child's pants - reenactment

Clothes for historical reenactment often look way too new and shiny, because they are...too new and shiny. My son needed a new pair of pants and I had at pile of rags, that had once been a pair of pants for me. Perfect for a pair of pants for him, that looks authentically battered up.

I forgot a before-photo, but here is an 8-year old photo of me wearing them (it is me in the linen shirt and the greenish pants). 

A bit of puzzling the pattern parts around on what was left of the pants, and there was just enough not-torn fabric for at pair of child's pants. I preferred the parts, that had patches. It's the opposite world ;).
                                    

Done (an not ironed). All handsewn and with handmade waist string.

                               

(They didn't suddenly bleach, that strange warm yellow thing in the sky ;) is just unusually shiny up here in the North, and my camera skills can't quite handle it).

No comments: