Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tropical Tank Top

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to contribute. I've been admiring from afar for a few months now. You're all so creative and talented! Here's a skirt my daughter thrifted recently. She loved the island inspired print so we decided to refashion it into a tank top.
 The original intent was to just chop it off and make a tube top out of it but that wouldn't do so I removed the bottom ruffles and chopped off some length from the skirt and lining and rehemmed it.
Next, I attached the ruffle to the top. This was more difficult than anticipated as the ruffle was curved. I ended up machine basting it and then finishing it off with some hand stitching to make it as even as possible along the top.
Next, I made straps out of the left over lining material and attached those. I think the finished product is light and breezy and oh so tropical.

I've just started working on my blog here. Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

concretenprimroses said...

Nice work! That ruffle does look tricky.
Kathy

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Very pretty. I like it much better as a top.