Sunday, July 07, 2013

Muddy Purplish Sheet to Sweet Pink Kimono

When sheet met me, I seized my chalk, yardstick, and scissors and followed the instructions for the retro Magic Reversible Kimono. (Only one sheet meant only one-thickness kimono, not reversible, fyi). Then I made my own bias tape with which to trim the neckline and fill in the too-open back. The fabric used for the bias tape came from scraps of Wal-Mart discount polyester. The trim's creamy shininess complements the pastel pink that I ultimately dyed the sheet. (First it had a proper bleach bath, then I dried it out then dyed it in RIT Pastel Pink). For more info and photos, you are welcome to visit my blog the Embarrassing Disgrace. Hope you like the result!


The Muddy Purple-Hue'd Sheet

Pleased with my Petal Pink retro kimono! 

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I hope you enjoy the new kimono style robe! It looks perfect for a comfy sit with a cuppa and a book. :) -Seeks, EOD