Sunday, July 07, 2013

Latest Refashions

Hi everyone!

Jen here from the Diary of a MadMama blog!

Just wanted to show you some of my recent refashions…

I was so excited when my 9 year old daughter chose these two 49-cent tops at our local thrift store with the purpose of a refashion in mind! I love the way it turned out!


This was my "Copycat"-themed refashion for week 3 of the Refashion Runway Competition. The inspiration was an Anthropologie outfit that altogether cost $146.00. My version began with two shirts that I purchased for 49-cents each and the pants came out of my closet. So including tax, the total cost of my version was $1.04. What a huge savings!


This was my week 4 "Summer Dress" themed challenge for the Refashion Runway Competition. It began as a frumpy top and scrub pants that I purchased for 49-cents each and turned into one of my favorite dress refashions ever! :)



I used the scraps from my dress refashion to make little fabric flowers to upcycle this beat-up lampshade. (I ran out of glue sticks before I could finish this unfortunately, but you get the idea for what the finished product will look like.)


These ruined shirts got cut up into strips…
…and I quickly braided the strips to make this patriotic headband…
…and this matching bracelet for my daughter. What a great way to use up scraps, huh?

For the detailed tutorials on any of the above refashions, come visit me at the Diary of a MadMama blog!

Take care! :)
~Jen


3 comments:

J said...

Great refashions! I especially love your summer dress - that is one of the best refashions I have seen : )

Anonymous said...

Thank you! My favorite refashions are the ones that start with something slightly hideous and turn into something cute! :)
~Jen

Refashion said...

What great refashions! And so productive! Thanks for the shares. :) -Seeks, EOD