Monday, July 01, 2013

Bridesmaid Clutches from an old lace tablecloth and burlap

 I have a wonderful new friend and co worker who is getting married in a few weeks. She had some old white burlap that a friend had given her and she asked if I would be able to make matching clutches for her bridesmaids. She loves the idea of vintage and upcycling so we chose some fabric for the lining and I used an old thrifted lace tablecloth for the flap.

I included a few process pictures, but you can find the entire tutorial here on my blog. The tutorial is actually an old one for a Kindle cover but you can change the dimensions to any size you'd like. 










I hope you've discovered the exciting new Refashion Runway hosted by moi, The Renegade Seamstress. It's been a fun and friendly sewing competition. This is the last week, but it's not too late to head over there and vote for your favorite summer dress.

You might even consider trying out for Season Two. :)

Beth

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Amazing how the tablecloth and burlap go together on that scale. I have never encountered white burlap before.
I wonder if you could bleach regular burlap?
Sandy in the UK

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Those are so pretty! Incredible how you made burlap look so elegant! :) Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love these! So simple and so elegant!

Unknown said...

Tablecloths are so versatile! ;)

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus