Monday, July 29, 2013

Dyed Jean Shorts

I have been wanting a pair of Kelly green shorts and haven't been able to find any. So I decided to make my own after I found inspiration from this tutorial on how to dye jeans.
I took a pair of jeans that I really don't wear anymore and bleached them several times. I forgot to take a picture of the bleached jeans. They were white with marbled light jean color. I figured that it was good enough. 


 I used RIT kelly green in my washing machine to dye the jeans (first time to use my machine for dying. To my surprise it didn't discolor the inside). The jeans were not a kelly green but more of a mint color.


I cut the pant legs off to desired length and hemmed. I have got to say that these are really comfortable shorts! There are faded areas where I didn't bleach the jeans fully white, but that doesn't bother me. Now to figure out what to do with the leftover fabric from the pant legs ; )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the shorts! Great job!

Refashion said...

Fab green shorts! They look great for summer

Debbie EOD