Monday, July 29, 2013

Refashioned/Recycled dress for a dime


I picked this shirt up for a dime at my local Sr. Citizen's Thrift Store. I finally got around to digging through my attic in the 5 totes of (do something with later) clothes I had stashed from hitting sales like that... This is my 1st attempt at turning a men's dress shirt into a dress... I cut the sleeves off, then cut straight across under the second button & seamed the sides to fit me. Then, I put the sleeves together, right side facing & pinned a simple bodice pattern to it. I was super excited to find out there was enough material in the sleeves to be able to do that. I used another shirt that matched to make the bodice lining & straps, sewed the bodice & straps & sewed it to the skirt. YAY, I have a new dress for a dime!
Ressa's Revamps

1 comment:

Refashion said...

LOvely dress, great job!

Debbie
EOD