Tuesday, July 30, 2013

More Bags!!!!

It seems i just can't help myself! As promised, the green version of last week's upcycled bag from a child's corduroy dress...

 Complete with green enamelled button and forest green lining.

Plus... ok, there are a few more bags to add to last week's bag mountain. I know i said there would be no more bags. A word of advice: Never believe me if i say there are no more bags. There are ALWAYS more bags! I love bags. They are one of my favourite things to make.

These guys are made from upcycled chenille sweaters using a similar pattern to the corduroy ones, and fabric from my stash and an old tshirt for linings. Also some lovely buttons!

The second one is actually a very deep rich purple but it has come out much darker on the photo. I love the ribbing on this one, i think it really adds something extra.

These next two are inspired by the bag i thrifted as a gift for my friend, and changed the plastic handle for a long shoulder strap. These two are made from scratch in a similar design, from materials that are part recycled, part new, and part 'gifted stash' - that is, fabric i have rescued from friends who were going to throw it away (horror!) I'm afraid i don't have before pictures of the things i have recycled and they were mostly cut up a long time ago, but many of the beads were from old pieces of jewellery, buttons from clothes that have since been refashioned, ribbon scraps from other projects, and fabric from upcycled clothes (the outer of the black bag) and bedlinen (lining of the brown bag).

The beading on these little bags took forever, but was very enjoyable to do. I made two of the black one and gave one as a birthday gift; these two will find their way into my Etsy shop before too long. One of these days i will make one for myself (when my eyes have recovered from the hours it took to do these)!

I have some of the sweater fabric left over from the two sweater bags and am considering making a couple slightly smaller and with a beaded 'bib' like the satin bags. I'm a bit unsure of how the different textures will go together (the woolly jumper and the sparkly beads...) what do you think? would it be too much? or might it work? :) let me know!

As usual more details on my blog!

2 comments:

Adele said...

Such cute bags.

Adele - EOD

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Totally cute. Love the bib detail.