Sunday, August 11, 2013

Denim Zipper top with crochet embellishment


2013-06-13 20.10.52

There are oh so many things you can do with denim, so I finally decided to make a top from all the leftovers I had!
My goal was to make something reversible, something that you could wear both ways, something without back, or front… I also knew that I definitely wanted to incorporate crochet into this refashion.
I used two different pairs of jeans, cut off the pant legs, traced one of the tops that I had to get the size right, and added the embellishments:
Before

The crochet piece is made of a really thick cotton hemp like yarn. I followed a simple pattern, used a 3.5 mm hook, and after a couple hours and a couple blisters, I think it adds to the piece and makes it very unique!
I sewed the two sides together, finished the edges off with some vintage bias tape (thank you freecycle) and was ready to go! You can notice that in the picture above the zipper is positioned differently that in the pictures below! That’s because I decided to flip it upside down for a better fit and a vest-like effect that can be achieved with this top!
After I finished the top, I went to the Sculpture Garden, one of my favorite spots in the whole world! Hence, perfect for this photo shoot! 
2013-06-13 19.59.55

I am wearing:
Skirt – Refashioned Vintage // Boots – Steve Madden // Sunnies – Lucky the Weekender // Bangles – H&M // Bag – Vintage Coach // Watch – Marc by Marc Jacobs
2013-06-13 20.00.01

2013-06-13 20.06.06

2013-06-13 20.07.17

2013-06-13 20.11.24

Have a great weekend!
Xo,
Z

4 comments:

Dominique said...

Very cool and inspiring !

Refashion said...

Lovely - the crochet panel is a great idea.
Debbie EOD

Zhenya H said...

Thank you ladies :) xx

Lovenicky said...

I love reversible clothing! Great job!