Friday, October 25, 2013

Angelfairydust's 'like mother, like daughter' pillowcase top

After making a dress for myself in the summer, I had this left over from the bottom of the dress....
Well I decided to make a top for my eldest girl from it.
So I started here....
Chop chop!!
I took measurements of my eldest girl and measured about 1 inch extra for seams. I cut the fabric with my pinking blade and then I cut two curves for the arm holes. Bare in mind this is two pieces, the front and back as I cut it with a seam at one side so I only had to sew one seam.
Then I folded over the armholes and pinned. I cut little snips to make it easier to fold around the bend
Then I sewed with my sewing machine!
Then I snipped some some fabric to make straps.
I sewed it together end to end with right sides facing and turned it inside our with a pencil. This is pretty tricky so I sewed one end shut to make it easier.
Then I pinned the top of the dress down to make a tunnel for the straps and sewed it in a straight(ish) line!

Then I took my new straps and threaded them through
And voila! A gorgeous pillowcase top for willow!!

Yay it fits!!
:) tadah!!








7 comments:

Sara said...

OMG! That is too cute! She looks lovely in it as well :)

Anonymous said...

Great job Mama! She looks adorable in it, and I just love the name Willow! :)

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Great job Mama! She looks adorable in it, and I just love the name Willow! :)

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Oops! Didn't mean to say that twice! Ha!

Refashion said...

What a gorgeous top! Thank you for a detailed post
:)

Debbie
eod

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone :) I know jen, she is as adorable as her name :) you're welcome debbie, :) I prefer detailed posts because if anyone fancied recreating it then they can! Xx

Unknown said...

Haha ;)