Monday, October 14, 2013

Anthro T-Shirt Copycat Copycat

No, I am not mistaken in putting Copycat twice in the title...because I totally copycatted Mary's copycat!!! I had this same top pinned and just hadn't gotten to it (one of about a thousand projects I have pinned to try out). So Mary's post totally gave me a kick in the rear to get moving and just do it :) Thank you, Mary!!!

I had the t-shirt from a couple of years back (Target basic T) and had added a bit of fabric to the pocket to break up the solid color, but wasn't really wearing it as it clung a little too close. The remnant is a piece I thrifted for $.75.
The yellows do actually match, though it may not appear so,
the mustard yellow t-shirt is not quite as vibrant as pictured.

 I followed her steps to do this refashion...sort of. I totally messed up and didn't cut my fabric to be wide enough to include the pleat in the back! So I cut it straight up the middle and inserted a triangular "ish" shaped piece of the fabric I had left over and sewed it in place to make the fabric the right width(not pictured). Oops ;)

I also top stitched the pleat in place to about 4 inches down on each side to keep the top of my shirt just a tad more fitted. This helped it to lay right on me, as I do have a smaller chest and don't like to get lost in a top. The only thing I have left to do now is press the seams and hem and pocket and we will be in business!


 So, Mary, have I done you justice? ;) Seriously, I have to do this with my blue and white striped "France" t-shirt next...just holding out for the perfect accent fabric :) Yay for inspiration on such an inspirational site from amazing people! Happy Refashioning...

Peace,
Andrea

LittleDidYouKnow

4 comments:

Refashion said...

I love the finished tee. You did a great job:)

Debbie EOD

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job.

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea!

Glad I got you going!!! :) It looks great! Don't feel bad, I almost forgot to make the pleat too. That is why I made it step 1. FYI I actually fit this two or three times across my bum before I got the pleat and the fit right across the back. I had a woven back so I needed a lot more across the back than I originally thought. I made the pleat stated in the tutorial and made up for the rest by angling the side seams. I have a grey strip shirt to try next!!!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Love the colours and the back is a gorgeous surprise.