Sunday, October 27, 2013

Book inspired refashion: Sequin Scoop Neck

Hi everyone! I have been a bit MIA on the web and media for the past month. And trying to play catch up (and being minimally successful). I thought I would share a project that is on my "to-do" list to post on our blog.

First, enter a "dress" that I found. I am wearing shorts underneath but really wayyyyyy, wayyyy, wayyyy! too short to be a dress. It was basically a big t-shirt. It needed some fixing.


Now I got a refashion book for Christmas, And I was inspired by one of the projects in the book called the "disco tunic" 


It was similar to what I wanted to achieve with this dress that will now become a top. I have a lot of leftover strung sequins in my stash that I used when I was actively bellydancing with performances, etc. Perfect time to use what I have! I sat down and attached my strand sequins to the top by hand. Which I promise you was not as bad as it seems. :) Then I simply cut off the bottom and hemmed. Now it is a top!


Paired with a blazer. It is a nice pop for work. And I get to wear my pink, without being so much in your face. 

For more on this project click here! And FYI if you are a follower of my blog, I promise you I am not dead... I actually have a bunch of projects completed and a dead camera. And a wedding that I am in (not as a bride). My cousin is getting married and we are all running around getting everything ready! The blog will be back up and running in a little over a week. Knock on wood!!! :)

Cheers,
Lauren
Adventures of Lauren

3 comments:

Refashion said...

I love the new neckline and the top looks so much more wearable now. Great fabric too,
Debbie
EOD

jennifer elliott said...

You're amazing. I love the new neckline too, and I applaud your bravery for even taking a photo of yourself with a dress too short. :) Great job!

Carissa said...

What a simple way to really class it up. I would totally wear that to work!