Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Dress to Date-Night Top

With 2013 wrapping up and 2014 planning in full swing, I've been so busy with work and trying to do the holiday rounds that I haven't done more than sew a button back on in weeks!

However, I have a "cheater" refashion from this summer that I haven't shared yet. It was a quick and easy solution to this awkward dress:
The lightweight jersey fabric was so comfortable and the print was fun but it made a short girl like me look much shorter.

I literally just chopped the dress off a few inches below the belt loops and it was ready to go. The material doesn't fray so I didn't have to go to the trouble of hemming the edge. Then it was off to dinner at a new restaurant with my husband.
You can read more about this top and what I did (and will redo eventually) with the bottom of the dress on my blog


Andrea said...

Oh, I love the colors and how this turned out! It may have been simple but it definitely is cute! And I love the emerald shoes ;)

P.S. I fixed the labels on your post to only your contributor name (we've stopped using other labels) and I removed the initial "before" photo as per our posting guidelines. Any questions, let us know!

Andrea EOD

Clare said...

Looks cute and comfy! I love blue and black together.