Friday, December 13, 2013

Dress to Date-Night Top

With 2013 wrapping up and 2014 planning in full swing, I've been so busy with work and trying to do the holiday rounds that I haven't done more than sew a button back on in weeks!

However, I have a "cheater" refashion from this summer that I haven't shared yet. It was a quick and easy solution to this awkward dress:
The lightweight jersey fabric was so comfortable and the print was fun but it made a short girl like me look much shorter.

I literally just chopped the dress off a few inches below the belt loops and it was ready to go. The material doesn't fray so I didn't have to go to the trouble of hemming the edge. Then it was off to dinner at a new restaurant with my husband.
You can read more about this top and what I did (and will redo eventually) with the bottom of the dress on my blog probablyrachel.com.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, I love the colors and how this turned out! It may have been simple but it definitely is cute! And I love the emerald shoes ;)

P.S. I fixed the labels on your post to only your contributor name (we've stopped using other labels) and I removed the initial "before" photo as per our posting guidelines. Any questions, let us know!

Andrea EOD

Clare said...

Looks cute and comfy! I love blue and black together.