Friday, December 20, 2013

Refashion-Mom's tee to Girl Raglan dress

If you have any Asian friend you may heard about the Chinese zodiac which relates each year to an animal according to a 12-year cycle. This traditional spread through several East Asian and South East Asian countries including Thailand. The next year, 2014's sign  is the horse. So in this last month of the year, you may find many gift and apparel presents the sign of this animal.

Including this horse t-shirt. The horse illustrate on the tee was designed by H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand. This is a famous new year present. I already have my own in another color, so I designed to refashion this tee for my daughter.
It said" The horse bring joyful in the year of horse"
I use the pattern of the recess raglan tee from See Kate Sew and lengthen the body to create a dress. The sleeves was self-drafted.  Then I got this dress for the girl.


The sleeves were made by using my old knit strip dress ,the collar and the cuffs were made with my age yellow cardigan.


The girl love her horse dress and happy to wear it. I'm glad too! :)
You can find more images and the story of hot springs which we've visit (if you'd like) at my blog here http://anapprenticehousewife.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-tee-to-girl-dress-refashion-and-hot.html.




3 comments:

Clare said...

What a fun dress! Your photos are very good too, I love the colors.

Andrea said...

Ditto on the photos and vibrant colors! I really like how this turned out and love the shape of this new dress...maybe I'll use this same idea to make a top for myself! Such a cute model :) I also love the combination of t-shirt, striped sleeves and ribbed neck and cuffs...great job!

Andrea EOD

Julia said...

Aaaaah! The cuteness! Beautiful job.