Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Happy New Years! 2 new Refashions- a dye job and a button down

Happy New Years everyone! Who's ready to start the new years out with some sewing?? Me, ooo, me!!! I was cleaning out my closets this past December and got together everything I had purchased (or donated to me by my friends and loved ones) all of my refashions and wow I got a lot!! Decided to challenge myself and strive to do 99 refashions this year!!! I have also some big sewing goals as I will not be purchasing any ready to wear garments from a traditional store. Gave it up this year! So sewing from my fabric stash or refashioning. I guess you can say it is all about science and sewing for 2014! Wish me luck! Here's a little collection of refashions to come...

And with out the words if you want to see close up. 
Now I will try but the sheer magnitude of sewing and refashioning I am going to be doing, coupled with the fact research will be up and running full throttle here. Not all may make it on Refashion Co-Op. Though I will try! I am just getting started out here with my first 2 refashions of this year.

First, a sleeveless button down. It sort of does NOT fit me/fits me weird..

Example A: the neck is too tight and won't button. the arm holes are too big and open up. And it is too snug on my hips.

I decided to add a back piece of fabric since the armholes gape. I fixed the neckline. Changed the buttons! And made some fit adjustments. For all the details on this refashion, head on over to House of Estrela for the entire tutorial, as I am guest poster for her January Refashion Month! I love how the top now has a lovely surprise. 

The other refashion I have to share is my mummy shirt. I could totally wear this for Halloween only or have it a bit more functional. Also, I needed fix the stain that was on the top that would not disappear with any magic. 

Since the fit was good, I did an acid dye bath with Honey Mustard and it came out this lovely yellow color. I love it!

Who knew I could pull off yellow?! Love it
More on this refashion here

Again, here is to a new year of great refashions! And me completely my crazy sewing goals for 2014!

Adventures of Lauren


Andrea said...

Great save on the blue top!! I love the new style and cute, and the black in the back is perfect :)

Andrea said...

*cut not cute...but it's cute too! ;)

Jennifer Elliott said...

99 refashion challenge?!? What?!? Good luck!!! I know you can complete this challenge! I look forward to seeing all the projects!!!