Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, January 06, 2014

Skirt to Dress

Hi all and Happy New Year!! 

I'm so excited about 2014!!!

Unfortunately for this entry I don't have any before pics (sorry - there's a resolution for this year in the making.....) but essentially it's a beautiful calf length wrap around skirt I found for a couple of quid at a charity store.

The elephant pattern was at the bottom of the skirt; I chopped it off and used it as a lovely fitted piece just below the empress line.

The remaining pattern below the elephants makes the bodice. I joined it all together by putting a zipper in the back. This also allowed me to make it fitted (I didn't really have any material to spare on this one!). By using the bits and bobs I got a great patchwork feel to the bodice, which is one thing I love about the dress (along with the colour!)

The wrap around tie became a halter neck solely because a) there wasn't enough material for sleeves/straps and b) they're cute!

Now I'll just have to wait for summer :/

See the process at 2ndspin@AliceSAysNo

Thanks for reading! ☽AliceSaysNo☾


IWOM said...

No better way to start the year than with a Zero Waste project!

Nice work.


Sandy said...

This is really cute!

Sharon Newth said...

It's beautiful. I love it. Wonderful colour too.

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love it! I love the colors and patterns. Great job!