Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pants Refashion

I took these old flared outdated slacks and cut then down to match a pair of new tapered legs pants
hope you like them.  first I placed them on my table both flat and then decided the best way proceed would be to fold the pants then trace out with chalk.  I then used my serger to cut and stitch.  the I used my regular sewing machine to hem them with a straight stitch. Now I am on trend!


April Rogers-Krick said...

Great job. I have jeans I have to do this too. Your post showed me the eadiest way to go about it.

Claire Cooper said...

I also need to do this to a pair of suit trousers.

Elizabeth Hill said...

These look fantastic!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

The pants look fantastic! Great job!