Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Clutch bag from bridesmaid's dress

I do love a prettily patterned dress - especially if it has a flower print and lace on it!

So when I noticed that a local lady was selling a bridesmaid's dress on behalf of her friend I just knew that I had to give it a new home (and new purpose).

The pattern and lace gave me the idea to make a clutch bag with a bow on the front.

Finished clutch bag:

What it looked like before:

What I liked most was that the dress had been lovingly made by a local seamstress.

You can see more details of this and other refashions at my blog:



Marie Cheek said...

That fabric is so pretty!

Elizabeth Hill said...

Very cute! Bridesmaids dresses can be difficult to reuse. Way to give that dress a new life!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

I love the clutch! So cute!