Friday, February 28, 2014

Keep the old good leather jacket!

The more I sew, the less I enjoy complicated projects...the same for refashion. I started by deconstructing a pair of jeans into a top, now I just cut off the sleeves of a jacket and sew the armholes together to get a skirt.

The leather jacket I found in a thrift store is meant for transformation. The leather is so soft and the folds are nicely gathered in the front:


It was so easy to cut the sleeves and use the waist as the waist for my skirt. Another upside down project that I love so much.


Wearing a leather skirt gives a wonderful feeling. Even more wonderful when you had it for 10 euros, right?
Have the full series of photos on my blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I looked at the other photos on your blog. That is such a designer look. Well done! looks like the wrap/ former neckline part also makes it still easy to walk.
Sandy in the UK

Far said...

Gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Can I have this???? Pleeeeeease!!! So incredibly cool and I wish I'd done this and now I might have to...sheesh! I could gush for hours, but I'll simply end by saying that you are quickly becoming my favorite refashioner ;)

Andrea EOD

Lovenicky said...

So creative and it looks great on you. Good job!

Unknown said...

Your work is so creative and inspiring!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Unknown said...

Your work is so creative and inspiring!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

New American Jackets said...

I really liked the idea of giving an old leather jacket a new life instead of letting it go to waste. Upcycling can make clothing feel more personal and creative. That same creativity works well for themed fashion too, and an Uncle Fester Addams Family Costume can be a fun way to create a distinctive Halloween look.