Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pink Polka Dot Blazer

In honor of Valentine's Day, I decided to makeover this outrageously pink linen blazer. I like pink. I like polka dots. But this blazer just seemed to have a bit too much of both. Plus, I felt like the patch pockets and boxy style didn't really suit the fun, feminine fabric.

Pink Polka Dotted Blazer Refashion - Before

So I removed the pockets and collar, cutting a deeper neckline as well. I chopped off the sleeves, leaving just a little cap sleeve. I rounded the corners of the bottom edges. I took in a couple inches on each side. And finally, I used strips from one of the discarded sleeves to create the binding for all my raw edges.

Now it's much more fun and flirty, and a little less overwhelming.

Pink Polka Dot Blazer - After

Check out all the details at CarissaKnits!

Pink Polda Dot Blazer - Before & After


Saga said...

You did it again :).
When seeing the first pictures in your posts, I have several times thought: That can't possibly be made to something nice looking.
But you do it everytime, and you did it again.

Gema Ensenat said...

What a miraculous makeover! Love it!! :)

Sandy said...

This is awesome! You get the fun look, but with the added benefit of the firmness a jacket has.
Sandy in the UK

Marie Cheek said...

Very cute!

cfortin said...

Another great refashion Carissa. I wish some of your productivity would rub off on me. :-)

Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

Kelley said...

That's cute!

Happy highways,