Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Knee Boot’s Connected to the Ankle Boot

 got a really cute pair of knee-high boots many years ago and kind of wore out the tops of them, the bottoms were fine though. I got a replacement pair on a great deal and planned on just pitching the old ones… but never did.
Left: Old Boot. Right: New Boot.
Thanks to Pinterest, I found a post on easily converting knee-high boots to ankle boots and thought of my beloved, worn out boot. (I wore the boots under my jeans a lot during college which is how they got damaged.)

I measured and cut them off at the height I wanted and used hot glue to keep the tops folded over. I did a little sewing to keep the zipper capped, but this could probably be done with hot glue as well for a no-sew refashion.

Here are my new old boots:

 You can read more about my boot refashion on my blog, There also a link to go vote for my Tea Party Dress Refashion for a Best DIY Blog Post.


Andrea said...

Great save! Aren't you glad you held on to them? :) Now I'm wishing I had an old pair of boots back that I donated a year ago...could've done something similar. Thanks for sharing this :)

Andrea EOD

Jennifer Elliott said...

Kudos for having the courage to refashion boots! Nice save.