Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Too big sweater to open front drapey cardigan

Morning everyone! I found this lovely drop shoulder too big sweater. I was just drawn by the stripes and the pink. I am such a sucker for pink....

I found this tutorial on Oh Everything Handmade. Which after seeing her clever refashion, I know this is what I wanted to do!! My sweater was a thinner kit so I had to make a few tweaks on the tutorial but I made it work! OMG I love my new open front cardigan! Much better than the original!

For more on my refashion click here.



Lovenicky said...

Very nice job! I have some XXL sweaters too. I'm going to try this idea!

Sandy said...

That is great! Very chic.
Sandy in the UK

Carissa said...

This came out fabulously! I loves me some pink too.

Jean said...

Sooo cute! Great job!

Elizabeth Hill said...

This looks wonderful! Great job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Andrea said...

So cute :) I saw when Hanna did this too and really wanted to try it, but now I must! Super adorable!

Jennifer Elliott said...

Oh my gosh! That looks absolutely gorgeous with the stripes! I love it. Great job. I would wear that every day. :)

ChiChi Loves said...

Oh wow!! What an awesome idea. I love the colors and the design of the completed refashion.

Saga said...

I NEED to try this too.

Kelley said...

This turned out absolutely adorable!