Sunday, March 09, 2014

New Socks !

Hello folks !

Been MIA a bit.  I had to put down my 13 year old cat and it kind of took a toll on me for a little while.  Also, I had a TON of grading to do.  Oh well, such is the life of a high school teacher !

In other news, I finally got to make myself a new pair of socks !  

I had this embroidered polar fleece shirt and thought this would be perfect for new socks.  I tell you guys, this pattern is SO nice  and comfortable !  I made a couple of pairs already but now that I had time to wear them, I knew just how to tweak them to be more comfortable and useful.

Since they are made from the same pattern, they are hard to differentiate the left from the right.  But wearing them makes a shape into it so if you wear the wrong one on the wrong foot, it is a bit uncomfortable (am I a bit anal ?...).  Anywho, here is the shirt:


And here are the socks:




They are so comfy and warm for those, STILL, cold days and nights.

So hope you liked them and that it inspired you to make some.  They also make wonderful (and cheap ;) gifts !  You can see more details on my blog: Sewliltime.

Peace

Claudia

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute socks! I can't wait for warmer weather either. ;)

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Jennifer Elliott said...

Sorry to hear about your beloved cat. I cried for days when I had to put down my first cat a few years ago.

I love the new socks! I love the design on the top of the socks. Great job.

Madame Daria said...

so nice and beautiful blog ! well done :> If u want we could follow each other :> Just follow me and let me know i will do the same as soon as possible :*