Saturday, March 15, 2014

Quickie Refashion: The Silk Animal Print Button Front Top



I'm sorry for not posting for a while. A lot has been going on in my personal life.... I got a new day job at a local utility company. I love it! 

Anyway..... This is my latest refashion. It's a "quickie" that anyone can do. It's "August Silk" 100% silk button front top that had two front pockets. I got it at a local thrift shop for $4. Men usually have shirt pockets. I don't like them because they make my ample "girls" look weird, and the pockets gape open.

Here's the before, complete with my male ginger tabby, Mookie in the background. 



Here's a close-up of the top with the pockets. Look... the pattern on the pockets don't even match the shirt. They look really "not-so-good".


Here's the after, with the pockets removed. Much better, and very appropriate for my day job. All I did was take my trusty seam ripper to the seams that held down those offending pockets. It took no more than 10 minutes to do.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of pockets on women's shirts either. The shirt looks much better without them. Good job!

Just so you know, you don't need to add any other keywords ("shirt," etc.) when labeling your projects. Just your name will be enough.

Congrats on the new job and the new top!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus