Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Red Herring Dress

When I picked up this rayon, tie-dye-esque dress at a clothes swap last fall, without even trying it on, I thought for sure I was going to chop off the top and make it a maxi skirt.

Red Herring Dress

But when I tried it on, I was surprised at how well it fit (though it did not flatter) and at how comfy it was. So I decided to chop off the bottom instead. About a foot shorter and paired with my beaded leather belt and gold wedges, this baby looks much better.

Red Herring Dress - AfterRed Herring Dress - After

See more behind the scenes action at CarissaKnits!

Red Herring Dress - Before & After


Andrea said...

So, cute! As always :) Good call on the length: that and a belt was all it needed!

Andrea EOD

Kelley said...

What a simple refashion! I love those kind!

AND the braids!

Happy highways,