Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Reversible Mini

Who else got snow and thinks that Mother Nature needs to work out her issues elsewhere? ;) As we enjoyed 80 degree weather Monday, and fell down to freezing overnight last night I'm feeling a little annoyed...but this refashion is sure to brighten my mood :)  I picked up these three pieces for $9 at my local thrift store and as I tried on the shirts I knew almost immediately what I wanted to do with them. 

I only ended up using the waistband of the pajama pants (the remaining legs are being used in another project), but it's all I needed to transform these two tops into a reversible skirt! The waistband is still a waistband, and by tracing one of my existing jersey knit minis, I came up with this comfy and cute little skirt. Floral...

or gray abstract! I love them 'both' and can't wait to get to wear it...someday soon, maybe.

If you want the lowdown on my process, hop on over here to check it out!

Here's hoping for warm weather and many many more refashions!!!

Peace,
Andrea

3 comments:

Saga said...

what a great idea to make a reversible skirt.
I am thinking that it would also be a great idea with thin fabric, that would otherwise need to be lined.

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

So cute! Love it.

Andrea said...

Thanks, ladies! I agree Saga, and in fact the gray patterned fabric is much thinner than the floral and would have needed 'lining' anyway, so this worked perfectly :)

Andrea EOD