Could I possibly make the shirt roomier by adding a little bit of fabric to each layer and sewing the added fabric back to the side seam? Hmmmmm. Only one way to find out. I found a dark brown shirt in my refashion stash that best matched the shirt and measured a portion of the panel connected to the side seam.
On the second brown shirt, I marked the same measurement from the bottom of the hem and cut out a small rectangular piece from the front of the shirt. Even though hemline stitches didn’t match exactly, I didn’t want to haggle hemming the new fabric. My plan: simply add extra fabric to the two front panels and resew the side seams.
Other than the one unfinished top edge, I am in love with my shirt again and can’t wait to add it to my closet! Well, I’m not crazy about the outside panel not matching exactly, but its placement will placate me for awhile. Now, I look forward to refashioning other shirts in my stash. Yay!
For more information about me, my blog, and this post, click here.