Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, May 30, 2014

3-way styling for pillowcase

 Started with this amazing print - an oversized pillowcase printed in the Ivory Coast.

 Cut out neck and arm holes...

To make this tunic style top! Kept playing around with it though, when I found a drawstring around the other end...

 I make a second hole halfway down my front, and pulled the drawstring through to create a 'ruched' effect, or a slight sweetheart neckline. Seen here, the dress is still with and without a belt.

 Finally (and I think I like this styling best!) here it is as a maxi skirt, tied at the top with a drawstring. The lesson here is not to pass on pillowcases at the thrift shop! LOL


Elizabeth Hill said...

Very creative! Now I want one too. :)

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

jennifer elliott said...

Nice job! I love the bright colors and pattern.