Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

A quick fix and a new skill!

My last couple of posts were all about gifts i had made for other people. This one is about a gift someone gave me that let me not only learn a fab new skill but use it to make a 'gift' for myself! A lovely friend of mine bought me a voucher a while back for a course at a local craft shop, and i chose a screen printing course. I took along a boring old tank top, and made it a little more interesting!



and after:

I love my 'new' top, and I'm totally in love with screen printing. A really quick way (once you've drawn and cut the design at least) to add interest to old or boring clothes, cushion, curtains, can tell i've got the bug! It's a bit messy so you can't really do it just anywhere, but hoping to develop my great new garage (we recently moved to a house with both garage AND attic - all the crafting space you could dream of!) into a workspace to include screen printing facilities! (by that i mean a table i don't mind getting paint on and a big sink, so hopefully it won't take me too long!) Watch this space! xx


Elizabeth Hill said...

Much less boring! Good job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Very cool!