Monday, June 30, 2014

Camo pants to shorts. And Introduction.

This is my first post. I posted on Wardrobe Refashion and have followed Refashion Co-op since the beginning. I learned to sew and refashion from my mother who made and refashioned clothes passed between cousins when I was growing up.
I posted on Wardrobe Refashion and have followed Refashion Co-op since the beginning.
I have just semi-retired to the Ranch House. My goal is to daily record on a calender the mending and refashion work I complete over the next year. Some days it is just a button, a hem, or a patch. I also recycle for cloth napkins, cleaning rags, pot holders, and other household goods.
Most sewing this summer will be for home and ranch wear and for the days I help out at the family flower shop.
There are no before pics. These were long Camo jeans bought for 25 cents at a charity sale. I planned to cut just enough off of the hem to patch them for Charlie's ranch work. The patches were serged and placed outside the pants. There was a larger amount to patch than thought so we now have Camo shorts for Charlie to wear out to the garden. Scraps were used to patch other ranch jeans.



2 comments:

Carissa said...

Welcome! Every day? Wow, that is some goal! Good luck to you!

These shorts look great - very practical!

-Carissa
Editor of the Day (EOD)

RanchHouse said...

Somedays it will be only a quick mend such as a button or patch. That will give time to start on the next item. Some items will take several days start to finish. I have lots of UFOs that will count when done. This morning I finished mending a ranch jacket that I had started mending over a year ago. Now I can start on tomorrows item.