Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, June 20, 2014


'This would be perfect if…'

I'm not big on the whole thrift/charity shop thang, but I will scour sales at the drop of a hat. My criteria? If the fabric would cost more to make it than the sale price reads AND the time needed to refashion/alter seems reasonable AND I would wear it once changed (!), out comes the credit card.

The shiny gold (plastic!) buttons on this very nice knit fabric top from M&S just had to go. I wasn't going to put anything back on, but the little placket -- despite my careful picking of the stitches -- was left with little holes I knew a trip through the washing machine would not fix.

So, that's new white buttons on for a more subtle look. I had to take it in an inch at each side as well, this having been bough in the winter sales when I was a size or more up due to taking the wrong meds. Well, right meds for a wrong diagnosis, which has been rectified: I'm nearly back to my USA 12 self so feel like sewing and refashioning clothes again after a bit of a break.


Andrea said...

Simple change but definitely an improvement!

Andrea EOD

Marissa Nielsen said...

Love your criteria! Haha